Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: Our heritages

  1. #31
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I'm Irish and English from my mother's side and Choctaw Indian and German from my father's side. Ashley's father is part american indian and Kayli's father is Honduran with strong Mayan and Spanish ancestry.

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am 1/2 German 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Italian!I love Italian food.It must be because my mom works at a Italian restaurant.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member WhimsicalGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    English, Irish, Native American (Cherokee on one side, unknown Nation on the other) Dutch and Swiss. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mom's side: English, Irish, Cherokee, German

    Dad's side: English, French/French Canadian

  5. #35
    Inactive Member zap_sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Polish, Ukrainian, and Irish on my mother's side. Swedish and English on my dad's. But there are unproven yet very plausible rumors of French, German, and Roma (Gyspy) blood, too. I am 100% mutt!

  6. #36
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let's see, I'm 1/4 Russian, and 1/4 German (I have a German last name). The rest is a mix of various things, including English, Irish, and Swedish. Most of my great grandparents and/or great-great grandparents were immigrants.

    - Becca

  7. #37
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am an American. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    My ancestors were Irish, Scots and Welsh. On my mother's side, they came over in the mid-18th century and seemed to make a real effort to see how much distance they could put between themselves and anything that represented authority.

    My father's side arrived after the 1916 rebellion in Ireland failed, on the run, literally, from the firing squad.

    I am deeply and profoundly grateful to each and every one of them for coming here and enduring the hardships they did. I really do hope that someday, in an afterlife, I'll be able to tell them that in person.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 1/4 Scottish from my dad's side, 1/4 Polish from my mom's side and then a little of other different things like English, German, Irish, etc.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I consider myself an American Girl! but technically I am a mix of the following...
    English
    Scottish
    Cherokee Indian
    Swedish
    Irish
    and probably more if I got out my family tree!
    I'll update if I find out more!

  10. #40
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am mostly German, Irish and English with a bit of French thrown in. My grandma is German (she came to the US after World War II -- see why I like Molly so much?), and my grandpa's parents were English (great Grandma) and Irish (great Grandpa). So I have some pretty strong blood runnin' through my veins (my last name is VERY Irish). I can trace my Irish ancestors back to Ireland in the 19th century. They came over on a boat during the potato famine in 1848, my great-great-great-grandma and her SEVEN kids!! I can trace my English ancestors back to England in the 16th century (so far).

    My dad's side is also largely German, Scottish and Irish, with a bit of French (his grandma was French.) I am working on tracing back his relatives. I love genealogy!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •